Tattoo Healing Instructions
1. Approximately 24-48 hours after your tattoo, remove the bandage and wash with unscented antibacterial soap (Dial). Wash the tattoo every two hours for the next 48 hours. Continue washing your tattoo for the next 3 days, washing less and less over that time period.
**It’s completely normal to see a lot of fluid build up (blood and plasma) it’s just your body’s natural healing process**
a. Only use your hand when washing and a light amount of soap.
b. Make sure to wash until the *slick* feeling is gone.
c. Do not over soak the tattoo, avoid tubs and pools for a week.
d. When drying, pat dry with a clean paper towel. Do not let air dry.
2. After washing the tattoo, apply a thin layer of Aquaphor. Do not over medicate!
3. After 5-6 days, when it starts to peel, stop using the Aquaphor and switch to a color/fragrance free lotion. We recommend Lubriderm.
4. For the next week, keep the tattoo moist with a paper thin coat of Aquaphor or lotion to prevent scabbing. The first 48 hours are the most crucial to be washing and applying Aquaphor.
5. Keep the tattoo uncovered. If you have to cover it, wear light, loose fitting clothing.
**If aftercare instructions are not followed, we cannot guarantee proper healing of your tattoo.**